In a few days, individuals from 18 countries around the world can put in their application for the new Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) scheme.
To apply you first need to meet the criteria set out by the Department of Education here:
- A degree that is recognised equivalent of UK bachelors degree – this will be verified ENIC/NARIC
- *The degree must have at least 50% of one of the following: mathematics, science or a language (excluding English)
- A nationally recognised Nigerian teaching license
- Taught children age range 11-16 years old
- At least 1 year’s experience
- A English qualification language eg IELTS
*This applies to only the following countries and is subject to change: Ghana, India, Jamaica, Nigeria, Singapore, South Africa and Zimbabwe.
Once you meet all of these criteria, and have some sort of identification, for example an international passport and ID you can go ahead and apply on the government website here.
If facing any issues, you can contact the Department of Education via email or on phone, 020 7593 5394.